Royal Oak, MI 48073
- Responsibility in the technical aspects of all medication order processing and medication preparation.
- Medication preparation includes both sterile and non-sterile medication types.
- Use of compounding machines is needed for some medication preparation.
- Medication preparation is done for pharmacist review.
- The individual is also involved in medication delivery, stocking, generating computer reports, use of electronic medical record and distribution of electronic infusion devices.
- Individual patient medication order processing and filling.
- Including filling unit dose orders and preparing IV admixtures/chemotherapy.
- Must demonstrate appropriate aseptic technique when preparing IV admixtures/chemotherapy.
- Medication delivery to patient care areas including patient room, Pyxis machines and pharmacy decentralized areas.
- Also utilizes pneumatic tube system.
- Other drug distribution activities including controlled substances, floorstock, training, data collection, putting away stock, Pyxis filling and performing quality assurance.
- Participates in functions related to maintaining medication and supply inventory in all pharmacy areas.
- Functions may include ordering, receiving and stocking.
- Participates in patient and/or department/unit billing.
- Processes patient credits for unused medications.
- Inventories and inspects assigned areas for expired medications.
- Records wasted and expired medications.
- Answers incoming phone calls and assists visitors to department.
- Advance (bulk) medication preparation and packaging.
- Maintenance of facilities and equipment to perform duties.
- Delivers excellent customer service by exhibiting the ten customer service behaviors ("standards") in the performance of every aspect of the job.
- Demonstrates knowledge and observed in ability to prepare medications for all ages.
- High School /GED Diploma.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacy Technician. If temporarily licensed at time of hire, must become permanently licensed prior to end of probationary period.
- Must be comfortable with operating a variety of technology-based equipment.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must possess math skills which allow for basic pharmaceutical calculations.
- Must be an efficient and accurate worker who and function in an environment subject to fluctuations in workload.
- Must be able to operate under stress, communicate effectively both face to face and via telephone and cooperate with others.
For more information, please call our office at 877-782-3334.