Troy, MI 48084
Under the direction of a pharmacist, a pharmacy technician's primary job is to receive and fill prescription requests for patients. These prescription requests can come from hospitals, physicians, nurses, directly from the patient or internal referral.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retrieving prescription orders.
- Counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications.
- Selecting the proper prescription container.
- Creating prescription labels.
- Making outbound refill notification calls or text messages.
- Handling pre-authorizations as necessary.
- Maintaining patient profiles.
- Handling patient co-pay.
- Answering phones in a professional manner.
- Taking inventory.
- Being aware of the latest medicines and their availability.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use good and sound judgment.
- Must be able to document accurately and appropriately.
- Must follow up as needed and appropriately with doctor s office, HLMS customer service and management staff pertaining to any concerns regarding patient care.
- Demonstrates patience, flexibility and a cooperative attitude.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to effectively manage concurrent demands and multi-task.
- Detail orientated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a retail pharmacy setting.
- Minimum of one (1) three (3) years of experience in a customer service capacity.
- Experience with QS1 software programs is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have and maintain in good standing a full, valid professional license and certification as required by the state of Michigan. Should have a valid Michigan Driver s License.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
For more information, call 877-782-3334