Silver Spring, MD 20904
Shift: Monday Friday 9: 00 AM 5: 00 PM
Job Description and Essential Duties:
- Picking, labeling, and otherwise preparing the finished prescriptions.
- Prep for the day; set up totes.
- Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Assists in processing returned drugs and recycle/dispose per procedure.
- Review facility pre-list and prepare 30 day cards with the appropriate drug for the full fill.
- Assists in monthly fills by delivering and exchanging medications to scheduled nursing home.
- Assist in pre-packing frequently ordered medications, label, and store, as needed during low volume times.
- Packages materials and products manually.
- Receives packing order and pull items to be delivered from order sheets.
- Determines that the correct packing materials are available at packing station.
- Checks packing list for accuracy Applies labels, and stack boxes according to directions.
- Coordinate STAT deliveries.
- Ship UPS orders.
- Keeps record of departure times and items packed and attaches to order.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have National or State Certification to work as a technician in State of Maryland.
- Must have retail experience.
- Ability to work at a moderate speed.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- 0-6 months of working experience.
- Previous Pharmacy Technician experience.
For more information, please contact A-line Staffing at 877-782-3334.