Lansing Township, MI
- Serve as a Programmer/Analyst under the guidance of the immediate supervisor or senior level Programmer/Analyst.
- Use basic principles and procedures of methodology, and automated data processing to design, develop, debug, test, and maintain highly complex software applications.
- Participate in daily scrums, project planning, and project review meetings.
- Design and document IT solutions which conform to State of Michigan standard technology.
- Provide professional technical expertise to the DTMB AS PMO Managers and client agency managers and supervisors in IT project estimating, and budgeting.
- Design scripts and coordinate application peer testing, load testing and system integration testing.
- Create, update, and maintain systems and IT programs documentation, including system specs and flow diagrams.
- Develop software code based on design.
- Design solutions for a specific application need.
- Code to standards.
- Work with the business client to create test scenarios. Design and develop test plans, applications, or subsystems.
- Provide defect tracking log entry information.
- Test the database and associated design to ensure compliance with the business rules which govern the database.
- Implement IT solutions.
- Maintain and upgrade systems as a result of tool upgrades.
- Documents identified problems and analyze to determine root cause and provide root cause analysis.
- Follow change management procedures and provide input to execute change management.
- Work with vendors who provide IT solutions.
- Represents DTMB as a technical resource at meeting.
- Performs assigned tasks for internal/external security and standards review and development.
- Identify potential impacts of changes.
- Research, test and recommend new development tools, languages, upgrades and equipment as directed by senior team members.
- Apply State government processes to systems that support the DNR, DEQ, and MDARD.
- Apply Agency business rules to system and program design.
- Document changes to existing programs using standards established by DTMB management.
- Follow client s policies for access and distribution of reports and data.
- Maintain work log and status.
- Perform tasks for internal/external security and standards review as directed.
- Follow DTMB Problem Management processes to resolve client problems reported through Remedy trouble tickets, phone calls and email.
- Update assigned trouble tickets with status comments to keep clients and co-workers informed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 4 years of Application Development and trouble shooting experience in the IT field.
- Strong PowerBuilder coding expertise for versions 7 through 12, experience with the PowerBuilder Foundation Class Library (PFC) is required.
- Jaguar Server experience is highly desired.
- Strong skills in creating SQL objects, writing database scripts, and preparing Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, and Triggers are required.
For more information, please contact A-Line Staffing Solutions at 877-782-3334.