Woonsocket, RI 02895
- The Project Manager is responsible for planning, estimating, providing day-to-day management, leadership, direction and administration across the full project lifecycle (planning through implementation) on a program consisting of multiple projects.
- The incumbent participates in the planning, directing and coordinating of activities pertaining to projects.
- This includes working collaboratively to ensure that program goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives, and managing the team that develops and executes the projects for the Security Regulatory & Compliance organization.
- Additionally, the Program Manager provides guidance and mentoring to other project managers and contributes to their local PMO.
- Working with project managers, team leads, functional managers and project support staff (Architects, DBAs, etc.), create, maintain and manage the program schedule.
- Establish, manage and control program scope through a structured scope management process.
- Project Communication Ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination and storage of project information; collate project status reports and keep upper IS management, business clients and others informed of program status and related issues.
- Resource Management Plan for and acquire team resource needs, making the most effective use of people involved with the program; this entails day-to-day team management, team communication, identifying and leveraging strong skills while developing others.
- Program administration including forecasting setup and tracking, program financials, time/expense reconciliation and enforcement of standards.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with information technology focus.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) is preferred.
- Applied, proven knowledge of Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Software Quality Assurance (SQA), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) disciplines, ITIL standards and principles preferable.
- Able to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels across IT functions and the business.
- Demonstrates expert skills in team leadership and conflict management.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all tools (SEP, ADP, MS Project, Clarity, etc.) required to successfully perform functions of the position.
- Displays consistent flexibility, resilience, and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates courage and self-confidence in dealing with program issues and in broadly communicating program information across the organization.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams, delegating work load and ensuring team efficiency.
- Leadership for program.
- Create, maintain and manage the program ensuring efficiency in planned tasks and resource assignments.
- Establish, manage and control project scope.
- Create financial estimates (internal labor, consulting, hardware, software) for resources necessary to complete the project.
- Deliver high quality project work that satisfies the program s business case and meets end users expectations.
- Acquire goods and services from outside the Client s organization and manage the vendor relationships associated with their services.
- Adhere to program management fundamentals and Software Engineering Process.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Project Management related tools (e.G. ADP, MS Project, Clarity, etc.)
- Adhere to the project management methodology.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.