Psych Nurse Practitioner
Flint, MI 48532
- Perform Medication Review on a quarterly basis or more often as necessary by the needs of the consumer.
- Perform Medication Review utilizing contract agency forms and complete forms thoroughly and legibly (or is willing to dictate when necessary).
- Through discussion with consumer of history and present concerns, evaluate efficacy of current treatment plan as outlined in the psychiatric evaluation.
- Monitors patient progress by carrying out patient-care services; maintain patient records.
- Consulting with supervising physician when patient progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria; arranging consultations.
- Must be able to prescribe or adjust medications to assist in controlling symptoms and educate consumers on the effects of the medications, possible side effects, and desired results.
- Have working knowledge of prescription insurance coverage and, when possible, prescribe medications covered by the consumer's insurance plan.
- Plan possible medication treatment is not covered, refer to nurse for assistance with prescription coverage.
- Consult with psychiatrist, case managers, therapists, other treatment providers, and family when appropriate to determine best possible treatment plan.
- Consult with psychiatrist on a regular basis and provide consumer chart notes for his/her review and signature.
- Maintain credentials and certifications as required by contract agency and State of Michigan.
- Improve patient care quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Perform Peer Review.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications:
- Microsoft Office
- Electronic Medical Record
- Human Resource E-File
- Human Resource Management System (HRMS)
- Ml Bridges (DHS)
- SOS System
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Managing one s own time and the time of others.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
For more information on this position, please contact us at 877-782-3334.