RN-Behavioral Crisis Line
Tempe, AZ 85280
- Triage inbound calls, gather information, select appropriate triage guidelines, and disposition and care advice based on data base protocols and department policies and procedures for a 24 hour per day/7 day a week operation.
- Provide clinical information and education for inbound and outbound calls providing oversight and support to the non-clinical staff.
- Conduct assessments of callers presenting symptoms.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a plan of care for each caller presenting symptoms.
- Answer all calls in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of all caller and personnel issues.
- Document all call inquiries according to department policies and procedures.
- Participate in the collection of data for department quality projects.
- Promote recovery concepts and inspire hope.
- Possess and maintain a thorough grasp of clinical knowledge pertaining to various disease states, medications, treatments, etc.
- Comply with Federal and respective state s laws regulating health management organizations and telephone information centers and all department standards and policies and procedures.
- Apply primary nursing knowledge while performing all aspects of assigned tasks.
- Graduate certificate from an accredited nursing program. 3+ years combined experience in pediatric obstetrics, home health, community health, school nursing, or emergency nursing.
- 5 years experience strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft office or data entry systems.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong abilities in data entry, typing, call documentation, and customer service skills including active listening.
- Telephonic triage or managed care setting experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN license in state of residence.
- Valid and in good standing RN License in the State of AZ. May consider RN Licensure from other Nurse Licensure Compact States.
- Prior BEHAVIORAL HEALTH experience.
- Non-traditional schedule(s) to support a 24/7 behavioral health crisis line.
- Experience with Telehealth, Telephonic triage or managed care setting experience preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, Bachelor s degree preferred. 3+ related experience, 5+ strongly preferred. MS Office (Word & Excel). Strong data entry, typing, call documentation.
For more information, contact us at 877-782-3334.