800 Biermann Court Mount Prospect, IL 60056
- The primary responsibilities are to verify insurance coverage for potential new clients.
- Additionally, this person will re-verify insurance coverage for existing patients in order to process patient prescription needs successfully and demonstrate excellent customer services to patients, healthcare professionals, and insurance carriers.
- This role will require an understanding of insurance concepts, including drug cards, major medical benefits, and per diem coverage, as well as knowledge of government and patient assistance programs.
- 6 months in benefits verification or patient service representative role.
- 1+ years’ experience in a Windows based computer system
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of government and patient assistance programs.
- Understanding of insurance concepts including drug cards, major medical benefits, and per diem coverage.
- Analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and proven analytic and problem solving.
- Minimum of 1 year in a customer service or call center environment (call center type environments preferred, if doctor’ s office then anything below managing 75 calls/day would not translate to similar environment).
- Must have effective and empathetic communication style in managing inbound calls and communications with clients and team members.
- Computer experience is required with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Basic alpha number data entry skills with attention to accuracy and quality is essential.
- Intermediate math skills are required with attention to detail and quality essential.
- Experience in a health care setting or insurance industry is a plus, including knowledge of basic insurance and third-party terms and medical terminology.
- Ability to work with people in a team environment while meeting individual performance goals.
- Must be able to read and interpret policies, procedures and instructions.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize a fluctuating workload and competing priorities is essential.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience performing insurance verification. OR Experience working with medical insurance programs or medical billing procedures
- Effective delivery of company products and services (40%)
- Responds to telephone inquiries and orders from homecare patients and referral sources.
- Provides information on equipment, supplies and services. Determines the best method for providing services.
- May assist walk-in patients with the selection of equipment, supplies and services. Timely processing/facilitation of patient orders (30%)
- Processes telephone orders by preparing patient paperwork.
- Verifies insurance and/or other method of payment.
- Completes all necessary paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner to facilitate the data entry, accounts receivable and delivery of the order placed.
- May perform data entry.
- Distributes copies of paperwork to appropriate personnel.
- May assist with the processing of billing paperwork. Effective coordination of patient services/supplies (10%)
- Coordinates the delivery, set-up and pick-up of equipment, supplies and services with appropriate personnel.
- Ensures deliveries and set-ups can be arranged in a timely manner. Appropriate documentation (10%)
- Accurately maintains files of all patient account profile information and referral source data. Customer satisfaction (10%)
- Resolves patient complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective action.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and 3rd party vendors is a plus.
For more information, please call our office at 877-782-3334.