Senior Software Engineer
Glen Allen, VA 23060
- This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology and in all phases of major system and subsystem development.
- Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities.
- Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities.
- Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks.
- Analyzes problems and program in two or more programming language/platforms.
- Understands and develops functional and non-functional requirements for a system.
- Works with multiple programming frameworks.Develops, tests and maintains code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.Integrates systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic and consume or produce SOAP or REST based services, etc.Agile, DevOPS and Cloud: Possesses proficiency in automated testing strategies, including TDD.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration.
- Understands Cloud computing concepts and how to build Cloud deployable application.
- Performs load and performance testing on the application and do regular performance tuning.
- Experience in developing stored procedures and packages in Oracle 12c is a must.
- Highly Organized – weekly status reports and time reporting
- Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Ability to collaborate and work with teams
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues
- Collaborate with teams to identify and understand key information and data assets
- Should have strong knowledge of SQL Server and SSIS
- Should have working knowledge of database
- Performance optimization and tuning tools.
- Should be able to work in Agile and Waterfall based projects
- Develop complex Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers in Oracle 12c and integrate them seamlessly into the application development processT-SQL/SSIS development in SQL Server 2008/2012 environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in analysis of database traces, troubleshooting and performance tuning in Oracle 12c is required experience with Source Control Management tool like subversion.
- IDE such as Toad, SQL DeveloperKnowledge of AWS resources and services is a plus
- Qualifications: 3-6 years of working experience with Database Programming in Oracle 12c.
- Should be proficient in Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability and Prior experience in taking product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, and implementation and support is a plus.
- Experience in health care industry is a plus.
- Cultural fit: Strong Communication skills
- Execution – Ability to develop quality code with limited oversight
For more information on this position, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.