Senior Software Engineer
Glen Allen, VA 23060
- This position serves as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology and in all phases of major system and subsystem development.
- Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities.
- Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities.
- Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks.
- Analyze problems and program in two or more programming language/platforms.
- Understand and develop functional and non-functional requirements for a system.
- Work with multiple programming frameworks.
- Develop, test and maintain code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
- Integrate systems to databases and other applications and consume or produce SOAP or REST based services, etc. Agile, DevOPS and Cloud.
- Proficient in automated testing strategies, including TDD.
- Understand advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration.
- Understand Cloud computing concepts and how to build Cloud deployable application.
- Perform load and performance testing on the application and do regular performance tuning.
- 5+ years of programming experience.
- Critical thinker. Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT Bachelors: computer and Information Science (Required)
The following are not required, but would be highly valued in a candidate.
- Experience working for a PBM (Pharmacy Benefits Manager) company.
- Experience writing and maintaining MS SQL Server stored procedures.
For more information regarding this position, please call 877-782-3334.