Detroit, MI 48215
- The Homebased Consumer Advocate works with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health.
- May help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse; family and parenting problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with mental and emotional health.
- As needed, provide a thorough and complete assessment at the time of client admission to assess the client s history and identify treatment needs, updating as needed and at least annually.
- Responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and recording client progress with respect to treatment goals.
- Modify treatment plans according to changes in client status.
- Make contact with assigned clients in the community at least two hours weekly to ensure level of care is adequate to the needs of the client.
Completes a treatment plan for each assigned client to identify needs and
interventions to meet those needs and reviews plan at stated levels.
- Provides treatment modalities to clients and families as indicated in the treatment plan to provide therapeutic interventions.
- Provides basic coordination of services for each assigned client as needed or required by the treatment plan to coordinate treatment services.
- Will complete the appropriate level of functioning tools at policy stated intervals.
- Provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of treatment provided to assigned clients and their families to assure a quality record, per the Agency s policy and procedures.
- Participate in the 24-hour rotational on-call crisis schedule.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of treatment and history of assigned clients and their families to assure a quality record, per the Agency s policy and procedures.
- Maintain and updates clinical knowledge by readings, in-service training in designated areas and other activities in consultation with clinical supervisor.
- Provide transportation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MA/MSW Degree in mental health related field with appropriate state licensure/registration.
- A minimum of 1 year in the examination, evaluation, and treatment of minors and their families.
- Field placement or internship in a mental health setting preferably with the chronically mentally ill population may be considered.
- Possess and maintain valid chauffeur s license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain automobile liability insurance at level required by insurer.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and the ability to formulate and implement an effective treatment plan.
- Required to meet productivity standards for program and maintain a utilization review score of 95% or higher.
- Complete at least 24 hours of in-service training.
- Completion of lethality assessment as indicated.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.