Surgical Technologist Lead - Neuro And Spine Surgery - 1.0 FTE, Day Shift)
Surgical Technologist Lead
- The Surgical Technologist Lead is responsible for coordinating service planning activities for a designated specialty service.
- Provides professional surgical knowledge and scrubs skills in assigned area.
- Demonstrate advanced clinical and organizational skills related to the care of patients within the specialty.
- Must have knowledge of specialty procedures, along with associated equipment and supplies.
- Skills in teamwork and ability to address issues in tactful ways.
- Ability to communicate in ways that are broadly understood.
- Computer literacy – able to use ESI system as a reference, email, or voice mail.
- Ability to operate, or learn to operate, specialty-specific equipment as outlined in defined competencies.
- Review surgery schedule for the week to anticipate equipment or product issues
- Check voicemail frequently
- Troubleshoot product, instrumentation, equipment or schedule issues
- Respond to specialty questions or pages in timely manner
- Edit procedures list with Specialty Charge Nurse
- Assist in orientation of new staff
- Work with unit preceptors
- Collaborate with manager to review and evaluate staff performance
- Responsible for accuracy and content of resource materials
- Launch new instruments and sets
- Work closely with surgeons to understand current and future trends, including equipment and supply needs
- Communicate these trends to department manager
- Work with Equipment and Supply Specialist to arrange for repairs and preventative maintenance of equipment
- Assure adequacy of core equipment supplies on specialty carts
Education and Experience:
- Washington State Surgical Technologist certification required.
- Two years of relevant clinical experience required, meet criteria of their respective professional category
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technology program or equivalent education/experience. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for not completing a Surgical Technology program, in addition to the experience required.
For more information, please contact us at (877) 782-3334