North Andover, MA 01845
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage Transportation budget and monthly costs analysis.
- Oversee all aspects of the freight invoice review and approval process.
- Develop and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Build strong carrier relationships, develop communications and coordination.
- Build carrier service performance KPIs metrics, provide carrier performance feedback and ensures KPIs are met or exceeded while providing ad hoc reporting and analysis for senior management as needed.
- Stay in tune with freight practices and procedures and provide recommendations to improve based on changing market or network conditions.
- Ensure compliance with all external regulatory requirements and with policies and practices.
- Develop strong relationships with internal customers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in supply chain, logistics, operations, or similar field. Masters preferred.
- Manage freight coordinators.
- 10+ years transportation experience.
- Experience with implementing and using Transportation Management Systems.
- Performance Management.
- Skillful negotiator
- Data-driven and process-driven approach to transportation.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication, project management, and relationship building skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.