*Healthcare Consultant III
601 Union Street Seattle, WA 98101
Job Title: Account Manager / Health Insurance Sales
Location: Remote/Field Based (All Counties in state of Washington)
Equipment: Everything Provided including Laptop and Sales Materials
Interview Process: 2 phone screens and Offers Made. Want to move quickly
Shift: M-F, 8a-5p
Max Pay Rate: $44/hr
Sources and negotiates physician and/or provider contracts in accordance with company standards in order to maintain and enhance provider networks while meeting and exceeding accessibility, quality and financial goals of Health Plan Medicaid. Develop, contract, maintain and enhance relationships with facilities, physicians and ancillary providers which serve as contractual networks of care for members; foster growth of managed care products; and enhance profitability of Health Plan Medicaid.
- Proven working knowledge of standard provider contracts, terms and language
- In-depth knowledge of the managed care industry and practices
- Accountable for all aspects of physician recruitment and contracting as well as ad/hoc network contracting, as assigned
- Responsible for negotiating or re-negotiating individual provider, group, multi-specialty practices, behavioral health (practitioners and facilities), hospitals and hospital-based physician contracts to satisfy specific network goals and objectives
- Proven ability to persuade decision makers to contract acceptance, strong capability to rebut common misconceptions/rejections to Managed Care contracting, i.e., rates, type of membership, administrative requirements
- Mastery of provider contracts, contracting options, PADU (alternate language manual) guidelines as well as provider configurations
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate for the purpose of finalizing contracts swiftly
- Communication Skills - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking, and interpersonal skills, demonstrated self-starter, highly organized and self-motivated.
- Strong understanding of competitive landscape including strategies, practices, and financial/contracting arrangements desired
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to use internet Search Engines
- Ability to produce within a fast-paced task/production-oriented work environment, organized, independent worker requiring minimal oversight required.
- Bachelor' s degree preferred or equivalent work experience (3+ years healthcare contracting)