506 West Windcrest Street Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Pharmacy Technician - Admixture Technician needed for a very large healthcare company, located near the Fredericksburg, TX area.
Starting Pay: $14 - $15 per hour
Hours: Monday -Friday. 40 hours per week Flexible 8 hour shift between 7am - 7pm
- MUST HAVE Active Pharmacy Technician License with Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Must Have National Pharmacy Technician Certification Clear and Active through PTCB
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years in a pharmacy with I.V. skills. I.V. certification preferred.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician certificate or State Pharmacy Board requirement recommended.
- Prepares medication orders by compounding or admixing medications under supervision of a physician. Checks all orders for completeness of information.
- Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Checks all orders for insurance approval before admixing. Under a professional' s supervision, admixes drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner as per department guidelines, and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines and interoffice guidelines.
-Calculates correct dosage volumes, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents. Maintains indigent patient drug program as assigned. Counts controlled drugs weekly and maintain records. Maintains current drug information and MSDS sheets.
- Assists lead admixture technician in ensuring that standard drug supplies are in adequate supply in all departments.
Please apply directly for consideration! Damian Sroka