Adult Behavioral Health Therapist
19401 Northline Road , Building 5 Southgate, MI 48195 US
If you’re looking for a rewarding career that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, adolescents, and their families, a Home-Based Therapist may be your next step. The Home-Based Program uses a variety of person-centered therapeutic approaches that promote growth and healing for some of the most vulnerable youth in the community.
As a member of this skilled team, there are multiple levels of support and training. The extensive clinical support offered by the team make this a great fit for new Clinicians entering the field. This role allows clinicians to practice their honed abilities with youth with intense needs. The Home-Based Program harnesses compassion empathy the Clinicians, and provides them with the tools to facilitate high level, intense, interpersonal work, with the youth and families who need it most. This role embraces creative interventions and offers opportunity for training in various evidence-based practices. Therapists use a trauma-informed approach with capacity to do further work in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). A flexible schedule offers potential for Therapists to meet their clients’ needs as well as “flex” time off and work a shorter work week.
- Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or counseling.
- Must possess and retain current Master's licensure by the State of Michigan: LPC, LMSW, LLP, or the respective limited license.
- Must have at least some experience working with children/adolescent patient populations.
- Must meet the requirements for Children’s Mental Health Professional (CMHP) within 120 days of hire.
- New graduates are welcome and licensure supervision is offered.
- Therapy is conducted in the youth’s community, so therapists must be available throughout the day to travel to the youth’s home, school, and community.
- Must have valid driver’s license and favorable driving record.
Salary is commensurate to experience and licensure