Animal Care Technician II
North Chicago, IL
A-Line Staffing is now hiring an Animal Care Technician in North Chicago, IL. The Animal Care Technician would be working for a Fortune 500 company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
Animal Care Technician Highlights
- This position pays $16 to $18 per hour
- The required availability for this position is Monday to Friday 6am to 2: 30pm
Animal Care Technician Responsibilities
- Maintains the vivarium and support areas through proper execution of assigned tasks.
- Directly performs the daily activities involved with cleaning and spraying cages, disinfecting and sanitizing equipment, and stocking supplies.
- Follows department procedures, to include but not be limited to: cage cleaning, room sanitation, equipment preparation and moving, and cage changes.
- Maintains daily husbandry tasks through proper execution of training materials and assigned tasks.
- Directly performs animal handling, carrying and holding animal cages and animals, using and moving carts, hoses or any other lab equipment and supplies.
- Follows department procedures to provide comprehensive observation and handling of various research animals. Assists with the receiving and housing of research animals; including preparing for the housing activity.
- Documents tasks in both written and electronic platforms in accordance with regulatory expectations.
- Documentation style must be neat, organized, and consistent with departmental standards.
- Maintains area of responsibility by practicing good observation skills and attention to detail.
- Physical dexterity, visual and auditory acuity, and sensitivity to changes in environmental conditions are utilized in daily task performance.
- Uses experience and training to make minor decisions to execute daily responsibilities to support animal care operations.
- Applies basic computer skills to maintain regulatory compliance and training to include but not limited to, email, calendar, and computer-based training modules.
- Assures duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner not to impact pipeline activities and/or integrity of regulatory expectations.
Animal Care Technician Requirements
- 2 years’ experience in animal care
- Ability to safely life 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
Animal Care Technician Preferred Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in animal care
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) Certification is preferred
If you think this Animal Care Technician position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting!
(877) 782-3334 ext. 269