5775 Ten Mile Rd. Warren, MI 48091 US
THIS IS NOT A C2C POSITION
Direct Hire Opportunity
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Maintain and expand existing applications
- Work with key stakeholders to gather requirements for enhancements to custom ERP solution written on CakePHP framework within LAMP stack.
- Review, interpret, and debug complex code. Develop maintainable code via proper structures, comments, and design.
- Be able to quickly learn the concepts and business language relevant to the business, and develop an understanding of how the systems support their business processes.
- Author and maintain REST APIs within Jitterbit platform
- Author and maintain scripts written in Ruby
- Develop new applications
- Design and build new software as needed including custom integrations, web and mobile applications.
- Learn and implement new technologies to best meet the project needs.
- Document and develop testing solution as needed.
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently
- Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly both up and down the organization, inside the organization; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions. Excellent communication, presentation and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among business and technical constituents
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity. Self-starter with excellent organization, administrative, interpersonal skills and project management
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Organizational Understanding: Understands the agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization. Ability to interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of IT and business stakeholders
- Technical Expertise: Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve one’s “customers” effectively. (Customers can be co-workers, peers or management as well as external consumers of a service.)
General Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- 3+ years development experience with multiple languages such as PHP, .NET or Ruby
- MySQL or equivalent, database design and normalization
- Experience utilizing version control such as Git
- Able to work flexible hours as required by business priorities
- Experience with MVC web frameworks such as CakePHP
- Experience working with Linux and Apache Web Server
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!