325 W. Silverbell Rd. #290, Lake Orion, MI 48359
Lake Orion, MI
Summary of Responsibilities
This position is responsible for all plant machine control systems and documentation, and for working with Engineering on new machine controls and standards.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, hydraulics, and pneumatics distribution and control.
- Design and develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems.
- Coordinate with engineering and maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems.
- Create, maintain and keep current all hard copies and electronic data bases: all electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs; machine power distribution and all related vendor controls component part documentation.
- Schedule and complete backups of all electronic machine control and robotic programs on set schedule
- Implement and maintain data collection system from shop floor processing equipment.
- Maintain and expand existing plant floor machine control to Ethernet gateways, links and connections.
- Maintain all sub machine control data highways.
- Maintain and update controls portion of machine standards.
- Coordinate with and aid company systems personnel with plant floor Ethernet machine drop routing and Ethernet message traffic control
- Complete correspondence, forms and reports using personal computer and applicable software
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Promote and facilitate Open Door process, effective communication and Fair Treatment
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive Team Member relations
- Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, Team Members, suppliers and customers
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours to be available for three shifts and weekends
- Able to use computer and software as required
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related discipline, i.e. Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology, etc., or 5 plus years equivalent experience and education.
- Electrical controls engineering background desired.
- Complete knowledge of and ability to trouble shoot and program relay logic, ladder logic, pneumatic logic and hydraulic logic.
- Complete knowledge of and ability to use RS232, RS422, DH485, Ethernet, DH+, Device Net, Control Net and remote I/O communications protocol.
- Complete understanding and ability to use Excel, Word, Access, Acad 2000 or Acad 2000LT, and all related computer software for machine programming, backup and monitoring.
- Experience with Siemens Processors and Fanuc Robots.