Automation Tech (2nd & 3rd Shift)
12200 Oakland Park Blvd. Highland Park 48203
Highland Park, MI
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of Modular Automotive Systems as described below
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of MAS to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards as they pertain to the equipment (Punch & Weld/Snap Presses).
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments in all areas of your assigned department per the established procedures and work guidance.
- Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- Meet or exceed daily maintenance goals as directed by the Maintenance Team Leader and the departmental objectives
- Clean all assigned work areas after completion of the required work, return all tools to proper storage area at the end of the shift and report any malfunctioning equipment to the Production Team Leader.
- Maintain proper radio etiquette when using company radios, business use only.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Automation/Maintenance Mngr.
- Repair and maintain all equipment and machines expediently to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all machinery required to maintain up-time goals.
- Inspect all machinery for defects and potential problems in accordance with the total preventative maintenance systems, repairing and replacing parts as required.
- Ensure all fluid levels are maintained at appropriate levels in respective equipment and machinery.
- Order appropriate replacement parts, fluids, and consumables through the Maintenance Manager.
- Modify equipment and machinery as directed within guidelines of the Health and Safety Manual.
- Locate and determine reason for failures and carry out necessary repairs or modifications in an expedient manner.
- Work closely with departmental personnel in coordinating maintenance activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to trouble shoot, repair or replace all components on equipment.
- Track above departmental performance objectives and any associated continuous improvement measurable within CI teams.
- Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes
- Participate in the coordination of projects within the department as well as Advanced Quality Planning activities to ensure a successful launch of new programs.
- Only perform work that you have the proper skills, ability and training to perform.
- Properly complete all preventative maintenance documents and update maintenance tracking databases as needed.
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS (List specific skills required but not defined in Dimensions)
- Must have High School diploma or GED. Associate' s degree in a technical field of study or 6 years of direct job related experience preferred.
- PLC experience is a plus.