Benefits Customer Service Representative-TAS Service Center
600 Commonwealth Place Pittsburgh, PA 15222
We are seeking Benefits Customer Service Representatives in Pittsburgh to join a reputable national insurance advisory & brokerage company!
Pay Rate: $15.00 or Bilingual $15.50
Schedule: Monday- Friday: 8 Hour Shift between 8 AM - 7 PM (30 - 40 Hours) + OT when requested - NO WEEKENDS!
Duration: This starts as a Seasonal Role. High Performers will be extended or converted to full time.
- Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations by responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments via phone, email and instant message
- Ability to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities while maintaining professionalism, and diplomacy during difficult calls
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
- Skillfully translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
- Read and understand client’ s plan documents and online knowledgebase tools while collecting relevant information to determine immediate requests/questions and also to anticipate the future needs of the member
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
- Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes in a professional manner
- Regularly participate in team meetings and training
- You will spend the majority of your time assisting customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Call Center Requirements:
- Must have 2+ years of steady customer service experience.
- Call Center or telephone work experience is a plus.
- Experience in benefits/human resources/or healthcare/medical is also a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus!
- Proficient in MS Office Suite - Work, Excel, Outlook
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate multiple software applications
- Working knowledge of health and welfare and/or defined benefit pension plans a plus!
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment and prioritize and organize work
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule (30 – 40 hours/week with some overtime requested; variety of schedule start and end times)
- Must have excellent attendance and be punctual to work
- Associate or Bachelor’ s degree preferred however a verifiable High School Diploma is required!
For consideration, please apply to this posting or contact Kristina by call/text or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Call Center, Customer Service, CSR, Pension, Benefits, Healthcare, Human Resources, Outbound, Inbound, Calling, Medical Terminology, Medical Office, Medical Reception, Insurance Verification, Medicaid, Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Medicare, EOB, Patients, Patient Services, Pharmacy, Billing, Provider Services, Prior Authorization, Medical Reimbursement, Medical CSR. Medical Call Center, Healthcare Call Center, Health Services, Representative, Customer Service Representative, Medical Benefits, grievances, appeals, claims