Franklin, MI 48025 US
-Line Staffing is now hiring a Billing Assistant n Bingham Farms, MI USA 48025. The Billing Assistant would be working for a Fortune 500 company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Anxhela at A-Line
Billing Assistant Compensation
- The pay for this position is $16/hr-$18/hr based on experience
- Shift Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM M-F
- Location Bingham Farms, MI USA 48025
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment and include health, optical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Billing Assistant Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
Billing Assistant Responsibilities
- Independently and accurately submits billable claims. Problem solves issues related to unbilled services and aging accounts receivable. Appropriately seeks leadership assistance with persistent accounts receivable issues. Maintains understanding of documentation required by third party payors by interacting with these payors when necessary to ensure timely payment of claims. Obtains missing documentation when necessary to convert claims to billable status by interacting and communicating with appropriate sources
- Maintains statistical records to ensure accurate tracking of problem cases.
- Reviews weekly and monthly reports on unbilled revenue and prepares for billing.
- Verifies patient’s insurance coverage and make necessary changes in billing system.Obtains insurance authorization for services and accurately documents in information system. May prepare bank deposits, perform cash reconciliation, and accurately post cash.
- Verifies acceptance of claims by third party payors and work any edit reports for unaccepted claims. Performs routine filing and related duties for the Billing department. Assists customers and staff members with billing related questions.
Billing Assistant Requirements
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.Ability to operate office equipment.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboard experience.
- Ability to visually examine and review miscellaneous forms closely for processing.
- Must project a professional and courteous image to internal and external customers,through all manners of communication.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One year experience in an office environment or healthcare related field required.Prior experience in a billing cycle position preferred.
- Candidate needs to know how to look at claims. Also be familiar with Prism, Availity, and Optum (preferred). Figure out the root problem of specific claims, must have experience with researching medical claims (required). Also, will be researching claim denials. Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience. 3 years + is preferred.
If you think this Billing Assistant position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting!
Payroll ADP Payroll Payroll Processing Garnishments Payroll Taxes Multi-state Payroll Processing Human Resources (HR) Payroll Administration Accounts Payable PeopleSoft Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Payroll Services Account Reconciliation Accounting