Care Transition Nurse
Indianapolis, IN 46250 US
JOB TITLE: CTN- Care Transition Nurse (Permanent)
LOCATION: Indianapolis Indiana 46250
PAY RATE: $65-75k/ yr
Hours: M-F 8am – 5 pm
Use Own Transportation: Reimbursed for Mileage
Care Transition Nurse Job Summary:
Community Health at Home has provided home care and wellness services for years. Their innovative services and specialty programs recognize the needs of each patient and promote the highest quality of life. Their goal is to ensure all services consistently exceed quality measures and the expectations of patients and referring physicians. Community Health at Home's quality care is provided through a team of registered nurses, social workers, companions, dieticians, aides and physical, occupational and speech therapists.
Care Transition Nurse Responsibilities
- Follows referral of a patient to Community Health at Home, assists discharge coordinators in coordinating quality home care services for clients in the following manner
- Determines patient eligibility for home care services
- Develops professional working relationships with health care providers and facilities, generating an open flow of information and support of home care goals; provides value added counsel, teaching and resourceful problem solving.
- Available to all discharge planners, physicians, other hospital personnel and clients to 1) analyze eligibility for home care or hospice and provide general guidance in determining if a patient would benefit from home care or hospice services and/or 2) explain Medicare and Medicaid guidelines, insurance plan benefits, financing options, Community Health at Home policies, etc.
- Upon patient choice of Community Health at Home, communicates with attending physicians to obtain orders for home care services.
- Assists in ordering equipment, oxygen, IV’s, etc., as required to provide proper home care for the patient referred to Community Health at Home
Care Transition Nurse Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current RN licensed to practice in the state of Indiana.
- Two years of appropriate nursing experience is required.
- Experience as a Care Transition Nurse or similar role, sales or marketing, or customer service preferred.
- Hospital and/or homecare nursing experience is preferred.
For more information, please contact
(586) 422-1748 Direct
Website | Facebook | LinkedIn