Detroit, MI 48243
- Assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, evaluate and advocate the options and services required to meet an individual s health needs, using communication and available resources to promote quality, cost effective outcomes.
- Identify appropriate providers and facilities throughout the continuum of services while ensuring that available resources are being used in a timely and cost effective manner in order to obtain optimum value for both the client and the reimbursement source.
- Collect in-depth information about a person s situation and functioning to identify individual needs in order to develop a comprehensive case management plan that will address those needs.
- Determine specific objectives, goals and actions as identified through the assessment process.
- Execute specific intervention that will lead to accomplishing the goals established in the case management plan.
- Organize, integrate and modify the resources necessary to accomplish the goals established in the case management plan.
- Identify and coordinate services so that the member s health care needs are met across the continuum of care using the most effective means available.
- Gather sufficient information from all relevant sources in order to determine the effectiveness of the case management plan.
- Act as the liaison between the member/authorized representative and the facility, provider, and/or client s management team through regular contact and collaboration with the member and provider(s) Contacting the member/authorized representative on a regular basis.
- At appropriate and repeated intervals, the case manager will determine the plan s effectiveness in reaching desired outcomes and goals.
- Advocate on behalf of the member/authorized representative.
- Conducting a thorough and objective evaluation of the patient s current status including physical, psychological, environmental, financial, and health status expectation.
- As a patient advocate, seek authorization for case management from the recipient of services (or designer) Assessing resource utilization and cost management; the diagnosis, past and present treatment; prognosis, goals (short and long term).
- Identifying opportunities for intervention.
- Assisting members in meeting and managing both health care and quality needs Setting goals and time frames for goals appropriate to the individual.
- Identifying quality of care and savings opportunities, negotiating with providers when needed, facilitating the use of appropriate extra-and-contractual benefits, and providing the member with information or links to community, state, and/or federal resources.
- Maintaining communications and collaborating with patient, family, physicians and health team members and payer representatives.
- Comparing the patient s disease course to established pathways to determine variances and then intervene as indicated.
- Introducing, assessing, opening, managing, closing assigned cases with guidance from the POD leader and physician consultant.
- Routinely assessing patient s status and progress; if progress is static or regressive, determines reason and proactively encourages appropriate adjustments in the care plan, providers and/or services to promote better outcomes.
- Document patient profile updates, discuss cases with POD leaders, and schedule case reviews with the physician consultants on a routine basis.
- Establishing measurable goals which promotes evaluation of the cost and quality outcomes of the care provider.
Reporting quantifiable impact, quality of care and/or quality of life improvements as measured against the case management goals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Registered Nurse with current Michigan License required Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing Bachelor s degree in Nursing or related fields (Preferred).
- CCM certification (Preferred) CCM certified within four (4) years of functioning in a case management role.
- Certification in Chronic Care Professional (Preferred).
- Two (2) years full time equivalent of direct clinical care to the consumer.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of clinical experience preferably in Case Management or Home Health Care with a Medical/Surgical background.
- One (1) to three (3) year s experience with client (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of Case Management principles and procedures based on nationally recognized standards of Case Management.
For more information, please contact A-Line Staffing Solutions at 877-782-3334.