- Provide ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning and implementation of case management services for providers and their patients with chronic disease.
- Perform activities related to the case management of providers’ plan of care for patients with chronic illness
- Coordinate patients’ treatment process from initiation of therapy to the conclusion or discontinuation of therapy, including completion of physical and mental assessment, and lab result analysis, evaluation of side effects of treatment and ascertain adherence to treatment including dosing regimen, provider follow-up to achieve optimal outcomes
- Complete care management clinical escalations
- Collaborate with patients’ providers throughout the course of treatment
- Provide prompt execution of provider referrals
- Assist with providing training on disease state, medications and lifestyle changes as necessary
- Collaborate with various departments to answer patient questions and concerns
- Document all patient and provider information and conversations
- Education/Experience: 4+ years of clinical nursing, case management or health plan/managed care experience.
- Experience in managing patients with chronic disease states like Hepatitis C, Multiple Sclerosis or Oncology preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current state’ s RN license.