Child Youth Counselor CYB MFLC
Child Youth Counselor. The Counselor is a licensed mental health professional who exercises discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate information, coaching, training, and education concerning military-connected children to service members and or child-development center or school staff.
- Direct non-clinical services to children and adolescents ages 2-18 are also provided by the CYB Counselor.
- Provides age appropriate activities-based programs to young children and adolescents
- Facilitates psycho-educational discussion groups for older children and adolescents.
- Provides consultations, trainings and educational presentations/workshops for parents, school staff, child-care professionals, and other community groups on topics such as child development, behavior management, burnout and self-care, effects of deployment and reunification on children and youth, recognizing behavioral indicators of stress in children and youth.
- Provides feedback on outreach efforts and tracks services performed and referrals made.
- Advises on behavioral and psychotherapeutic training and education programs and materials requested by military personnel and commanders.
- Completes and submits all required documentation.
- Master’ s Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited university required.
- Minimum two years post-license experience working with families and children required.
- Experience with groups of young children and adolescents in clinical or school setting. Experience providing activities based psycho-educational programs to children and adolescents.
- Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently at the Master' s or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Therapist or Psychologist without restrictions or supervision (i.e. LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.) Some assignments may require a full license to practice independently in the state where the assignment is located.
- Requires US citizenship and current security clearance.
- Evenings and weekends required.