Claims & Underwriting Service Specialist I
2000 South Colorado Boulevard Denver, CO 80222
The Claims & Underwriting Service Specialist performs duties related to the coordination of claims services with carriers and/or TPAs and is responsible for supporting the underwriting team with new and renewal business activities.
- Claims administration duties including, claim intake, distribution of polices to TPAs and claim case tracking and processing of coverage and claim correspondence.
- Provide claim summaries to management or underwriting team regarding individual client loss information.
- Responsible for addressing client and underwriter claim service inquiries.
- Validates loss run and claim data integrity (may include special projects as assigned).
- Ensures timely coordination of underwriting file requests to counsel and carriers.
- Perform key underwriting support functions including but not limited to: endorsement processing, policy production and timely fulfills broker servicing requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree required.
- Completion of insurance related coursework helpful.
- 5 plus years of Commercial, multi-line casualty claims handing and service experience required.
- Minimum 2 -3 years of insurance experience in a CSR or underwriting assistant role.
- Insurance related coursework helpful.
- Fully competent in claim and underwriting service disciplines.
- Strong understanding of insurance procedures, detail orientation, commitment to service and independent, work style.
- Must have excellent organizational, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy, and provide follow-through on projects.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Windows Operating System, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Again, must have Commercial, multi-line casualty claims handling and service experience required.