Community Health Organizer-Intermediate
625 Forster Street Harrisburg, PA 17120 US
If you are interested in this Community Health Organizer position, please contact Edwina at (586) 473-6098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Health Organizer Compensation
- The pay for this position is $20-$21 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is 8am to 4pm or 8:30am to 4:30pm or 9am to 5pm with Lunch-12pm to 12:30pm or 12:30pm to 1pm
- work with community partners to identify vaccination sites
- promote vaccination clinics
- identify trusted messengers to promote vaccination and prevention tactics
- develop county coalitions that address immediate needs and future opportunities
- help community members access basic needs like food, PPE, mental health services, while providing updated information on mitigation strategies.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to effectively speak publicly.
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
- Community activist or public health educated
- Community activist with understanding of community dynamics and organizing skills
- Individuals without experience must be college educated and have experience through community service activities
Public Heath, Mental health Services, Community Health Organizer, CHO, Remote, Hybrid, On- site