Data Engineer / Database Architect
1301 W. Long Lake Road Troy, MI 48098 US
2 day hybrid
Data Engineer/Database Architect
We are actively seeking a Data Engineer/Database Architect who possesses talent, passion and expertise to help design and implement highly scalable and available database solutions to support our growing business needs. Our Insights team is a new team with an exponential growth opportunity – both in terms of technology and personnel, and we are looking for someone to share our mission that will transform our company’s future. As a Data Engineer/Database Architect, we expect this role to be critical in ensuring that our data solutions and architecture are designed to be scalable, reliable, and high-performance. This position offers excellent career growth and promotional opportunities, stellar compensation, and an opportunity to work with the world's premier provider of aftermarket automotive data.
- Manage and administer databases, research, architect, and develop innovative multi-tiered solutions using modern tools and methodologies with a goal for technical excellence.
- Design and implement highly scalable and available database solutions.
- Perform database performance tuning and optimization.
- Design and develop ETL processes to integrate data from various sources.
- Collaborate with developers, architects, data scientists, and other stakeholders to understand data requirements and design appropriate data models.
- Develop and maintain backup and disaster recovery strategies.
- Ensure architecture and design of the solution is in alignment with overall enterprise architecture.
- Solve problems and proactively look for ways to improve our products and platform.
- Expert SQL Server Development experience (Minimum 8 years’ experience).
- Strong AWS Experience (Minimum 2+ years’ experience) with AWS lambda functions (Python preferred), AWS databases (Aurora, DynamoDB, or Redshift preferred) and AWS storage services (EC2, S3 preferred).
- Strong ETL experience, with emphasis on complex transformations and large data sets.
- Multiple versions (MS SQL 2000 through MS SQL 2019 preferred).
- Expert backend designer, capable of managing high-level architecture while adding or optimizing components.
- Adept at optimizing and refactoring and upgrading legacy systems.
- Excellent performance tuning skills regarding data models and SQL code.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing highly scalable and available database solutions.
- Relentless troubleshooter and investigator, proficient with SQL Profiler, Extended Events, Query Store etc.
- Octopus Deploy, Red Gate SQL Change Automation, Red Gate SQL Toolbelt, or equivalent CI/CD.
- Quick learner: astute and perceptive; keeps up to date on new and emerging technologies
- Technical evangelist who can educate and mentor other SQL developers and strong automated testing experience.
- Excellent communicator -- articulate, persuasive, professional.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Data Lake experience or similar (AWS preferred).
- Experience in designing architecture to support future “Big data” technology solutions (nice to have).
- Graph Data Base and Graph Modeling experience (Neo4j- nice to have).
- TFS, Azure DevOps, or Jira project management/requirements management.
This Role is NOT eligible for C2C
If interested, please apply or reach out to: