Data Platform Leader
36500 Corporate Drive Farmington, MI 48331 US
Data Platform Leader
Not Eligible for C2C
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about data architecture? Are you a team Leader who excels in technical mentoring and achieving results together? Are you interested in collaborating with other teams and leaders to ensure quality data and strategy is available to make impactful business decisions? Would you like to make an impact in people’s lives through your work?
This opportunity might be for you!
You will design, implement, and oversee the execution of our data strategy. You’ll manage a team of developers and work closely with business Intelligence and Analytics. As a hands-on leader you tend to collaborate well with the business, IT, Analytics to design, develop, implement and maintain modern solutions.
- Extraordinary opportunity for growth and development
- New and leading technologies to work with
- A technology solution being completely rebuilt with a targeted focus on the integrity and sustainability of the platforms
- An outstanding team of developers to lead. Some team members work remotely and some work at headquarters
- Flexibility in work schedules and hours
- A guiding principle to put people at the center of everything we do. Empathy coaching, human-centered design and behavioral economics practices anchor our work in meeting people’s needs.
- Caring, compassionate and creative humans that show up every day with integrity and a drive to provide a quality experience through each and every interaction. This is more than a job for most of us. We are on a mission to make it easier for people to be financially well.
- Partnerships with others enable us to impact financial health on a large scale. We collaborate to design and deliver financial health services that are a win for people, for our partners, and for our company
- Products and services designed specifically with our clients in mind.
- 10 years of total IT experience in a data domain
- 5+ years of experience working as an architect or equivalent role within data warehouse projects.
- Excellent knowledge & skills in data analysis, data modeling, data profiling, data management of structured and unstructured data.
- Data modeling experience and understanding of data warehouse design methods for structures and unstructured data.
- Good and practical hands-on understanding of modern cloud data technologies like Azure SQL Database, Azure Data warehouse, Data Lake, Data Factory, SSIS on Azure, and other cloud storage services
- Good and practical hands-on understanding of technologies enabling Analytics like Python.
- Good and practical hands-on understanding of data governance, master data management and data quality concepts
- Good and practical hands-on understanding of data retention policies and procedures
- Experience working with SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI Dashboard, MongoDB and SQL Server databases.
- Experience with end-to-end data warehouse projects in both cloud and traditional ways.
- Microsoft Certifications is a plus
The Day to Day:
- Define the company’s data strategy by understanding the current capabilities, current and future business needs, and map it to available data. Create a short-and long-term plan to execute the strategy
- Lead solution architecture to use modern cloud technologies and enable quality data access to the business users and analytics team.
- Ensure strong architecture, processes, and maintainability of the end product for all data projects
- Motivate and develop the data development team for strong performance and advancement
- Identify, recommend, and implement the approved technologies for gaining business advantage with data.
- Build and maintain an enterprise data model along with a central dictionary of standard, common business terms. Define the strategy/approach, & principles for data quality management, master data management, data integration, data security/access, and data archiving & retention.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of on-premise and cloud data platform to meet the data availability needs.
- On an ongoing basis, collaborate with the business intelligence and analytics team, database administrator, Cloud administrator and development teams to ensure smooth operations
- Any other duties as required
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!
Not Eligible for C2C