Data Security Analyst
Charlotte, NC US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Data Security Analyst
This is NOT a C2C Position
Location: Charlotte, NC (Hybrid) or Detroit, MI
Reporting to the Manager, Data Security Operations, the Database Security Remediation Analyst position at the client is a member of the Information Protection and Risk Management (IPRM) team and works closely with other members of the IPRM program to develop and implement a comprehensive approach to the management of security risks at client. The Security Analyst will work with a team of security engineers & analysts within the IPRM Department to deploy, sustain and monitor technical controls and tools to meet specific security requirements, and defines processes and standards to ensure that security configurations and tools are maintained. Database Security experience is a MUST! Database experience is a plus!
Roles and Responsibilities
• Min 2+ years of experience in Snowflake Cloud Data warehouse hands on Snowflake Cloud Development/Support
• Must have extensive hands-on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions for a medium to large scale Datawarehouse Exposure in Snowflake
• Leveraged data quality by classifying data using Policies, Rules and generate reports using Macros, Vlookup, Pivot Table, Data Manipulation.
• Experience with data identification and classification taxonomy, tools and processes
• Deploy and maintain security systems relating to Database Monitoring and Firewall, Data Masking, Data Discovery and Classification, DB vulnerability management, Data Encryption and intrusion detection and prevention, etc
• Be involved in all aspects of the development life cycle including, requirements gathering, architecture, development, testing, training, implementation, and support of reporting applications to be used internally by our employees.
• Understand business requirements in BI context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights
• Retrieve data from multiple data sources and build data sets for end user business consumption using using SQL, SAS or Python (Prefer Python)
• Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using PowerBI , Tableau or other tools
• Analyzing data and present data through reports that aid decision-making
• Analyze data and situations, reason logically and creatively, identify problems, draw valid conclusions, and develop effective solutions
• Advanced working knowledge of SQL, SAS, Python, R, and Databases with the ability to write complex SQL statements to build data tables and produce reports
• Convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide timeline to accomplish
• Using your creativity and curiosity to partner with associates in other business areas to define business needs and help translate those needs into reporting system requirements
• Interface with other teams and departments to develop new and modify existing reporting applications.
• Ability to identify security risks and work with IPRM team to report and lead the remediation efforts.
• Identify bottlenecks and issues and develop creative solutions
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related field, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in the development Snowflake/other Cloud Data warehouse
• 2+ Years of Experience in Data Classification tool/techonology
• Ability to optimize dashboard performance to handle large volumes of data
• Proven knowledge of handling both structured/unstructured data in data lakes (with Hadoop Hive) is a plus
• Working experience in Power Bi
• Strong T-SQL knowledge is preferable
• Advanced working knowledge of SQL, SAS, Python, R, and Databases
• Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) with clear objectives and consistent monitoring
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate with business managers and end users
• Required hands on experience on Security Policies, rules, Security Incidents
• At least 4 years experience in securing data in databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL server, RDS, DynamoDB and MYSQL.
• Ready to learn new technologies and new initiatives
• 1+ years in configuration item inventory management
• Knowledge of Compliance aspects of PCI, SOX, GLBA, NYDFS, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other relevant laws and regulations
• Experience on SIEM tools preferably Splunk
If you think this position is a good fit, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!