Database Administrator Senior
3901 Premier North Drive Tampa, FL 33618
- Designs. documents. implements. monitors. secures. and supports Oracle and MS SQL databases and database systems to meet the business requirements of the organization.
- Maximizes the performance. security. reliability. and availability of all production Oracle and MS SQL databases.
- Designs. documents. implements. monitors. secures and supports Oracle and MS SQL relational. OLTP. OLAP. and star schema databases.
- Plans and manages Oracle and MS SQL patch application on Oracle and MS SQL database servers.
- Creates. distributes. and enforces standards for user account. group. and database security and configuration for all production databases and for non-production databases that may contain PHI or other sensitive data protected under HIPAA. Sarbanes Oxley. or other state or federal regulatory requirements.
- Designs. documents. implements. and monitors archive and other essential log file configuration. operation. and location.
- Designs. documents. implements. and monitors backup of critical database files to tape or other approved media. and other database protection or high availability solutions such as replication. mirroring. shadowing. or RAC.
- Monitors performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases with tools such as Stats Pack.
- Enterprise Manager. and appropriate third party OS and Oracle or MS SQL performance monitoring tools.
- Provides monthly reports to management on performance on production databases including any performance exceptions and all requested performance data in a summarized. easy-to-read format.
- Designs. documents. and implements performance enhancing hardware. OS. or database configuration changes to improve performance using performance data collected to verify performance improvements.
- Creates. documents. and implements standard. secure. high-performance configurations for all Oracle and MS SQL database installs.
- Assist development and reporting groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications. batch jobs. and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance. security. reliability. and availability.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on-call
- Provides project management and leadership for database and database systems project
- Transfers knowledge to other IT staff
- Reviews new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for process. performance. reliability. or data management. storage or backup improvements and to identify opportunities to improve performance or reduce costs
- After hours work may be required for upgrades to production systems to avoid system downtime during business hours
- Must be able to be available for after-hours support via cell phone or pager 24x7 when on call.
- A valid driver' s license and the ability to drive are required to allow for infrequent (less than 5%) travel to remote sites for support and installations as necessary.
- A Bachelor' s Degree in Information Systems or Information Technology Required
- 6+ years of experience in Oracle database administration as demonstrated by working as a senior or lead Oracle Database Administrator.
- Other Oracle Certified Master or Professional 9i certifications are preferred.
- Microsoft DBA (SQL2000) certification or Oracle or Microsoft database development or design certifications are a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills Intermediate
- Ability to multi-task Intermediate
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work as part of a team Intermediate
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions and written polices and procedures to ensure adherence to standards and to instructions from management.
- Must be able to document and diagram solutions using standard formats.
- Documentation must be grammatically correct. factually accurate. and appropriate to the target audience.
- Oracle Database Management System (DBMS) Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project
- MS SQL Intermediate Required
- Must be able to type at least 25 words a minute for data and configuration entry
- Other Expert knowledge in Must have a good understanding of database design for relational.
- OLTP. and star schema databases as demonstrated through no less than 2 years of database design experience or equivalent college or Oracle approved training courses.
For more information on this position, please contact our office at 877-782-3334. Ext 248