DevOps & Cloud Engineering Manager-REMOTE
Detriot, MI US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
DevOps & Cloud Engineering Manager-REMOTE
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity NOT Eligible for C2C
Must Reside in one of the following states: NY, NJ, IN, MI, WI, FL, NC, SC, GA, TX
- CI/CD and Test Automation
- Adheres to and advances DevOps practices, and components for the enterprise.
- Research emerging technologies and trends to ensure ITSD uses the best techniques and tools to maximize software delivery velocity.
- Uses experimentation to accelerate new technology adoption.
- Designs and builds automated deployments that simplify deployment, ensure quality through automated testing, and provide a safe fallback.
- Executes according to a DevOps roadmap.
- Coordinate’s software release activities with all other IT Teams (Web, Java, Data and Integration Engineers, Quality Control Teams, PMO, Infrastructure, Security, Network, 3rd Parties, etc.).
- Oversees test automation and manages to result.
- Hands-on modifications to feature files and accompanying step implementation for enactment of API and UI (using Selenium) functional test automation.
- Designs, implements, and supports deep and detailed monitoring across the code scan and test automation cycles of the DevOps pipeline.
- Monitor’s production software for flaws and opportunities for test automation optimization.
- Contributes to specification of a DevOps cloud strategy for the sales platform.
- Collaborates to evaluate and select between private, public and hybrid cloud models utilizing IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services ensuring compliance with all data and cloud security policies and best practices.
- Proposes options for cloud-based sales platform high availability and disaster recovery.
- Implements a new cloud-based CI/CD pipeline utilizing infrastructure as code and scripts.
- Implements and manages workload automation initiatives.
Software Delivery Leadership:
- Relentlessly fosters ITSD collaboration and exchange of ideas achieving swift ITSD and cross-team decision-making for evolving the platform in the best interest of the business.
- Educates other groups on ITSD delivery process to set expectations and understanding for efficient management of resources
- Creates and sustains impeccable working relationships with all ITSD team members and provides both technical and professional guidance to all direct reports, subordinates and ITSD peers.
- Works closely with business architecture, marketing and sales leadership providing options for employing technology for incremental revenue and competitive advantage.
- 7-10+ years of hands-on DevOps experience
- 7-10+ years’ experience in DevOps roles implementing CI/CD concepts with container orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- 7-10+ years’ experience with "full-stack" application development experience
- 7-10+ years’ experience with both UI and API level test automation experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing DevOps in a cloud environment.
- Enterprise systems thinking - specifically the ability to see how individual systems and applications and parts interact with the enterprise (big picture thinking).
- Comprehensive knowledge of infrastructure, applications, integration, design patterns, database, agile delivery methods, build and deployment processes, software development and systems engineering.
- Ability to develop a wide range of architecture documents (application and infrastructure design documents).
- Exceptional executive-level communication skills (written / oral) and ability to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders, including those who do not have a technical background.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Websphere Application Server, Jetty Web Server
- SQL, No-SQL, Cloud DB Migration Service and Cache technologies (DynaCache, Redis)
- Cypress, Jasmine, Selenium, Cucumber, J-Meter, J-Unit
- Java, Spring, BPM, SOA and Rule Engines
- Angular, NgRx, CSS, HTML, jQuery, AJAX
- Oracle Maxymiser, CMS (Drupal and Sitecore)
- Identity Management and Single-Sign-On technologies (Shibboleth, OKTA, Ping)
- GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, Elastic Search, Kibana, Logstash
- Cloud Platforms (Azure, Google Cloud and AWS)
If interested in this role, please apply for this position or reach out to