Digital Innovation Director
26777 Halsted Road Farmington, MI 48331 US
We are currently recruiting for a Digital Innovation Director with preference for someone to be located in our Farmington Hills office. We have a hybrid approach with two days in the office. This position can also sit remotely. The ideal candidate will also possess the following skill set.
Directs the Information Technology’s Digital Innovation team. Responsible to identify, research and validate emerging digital solutions which impact or support the strategic objectives of the organization. Collaborates across the organization to identify opportunities to automate manual processes and improve operational performance through digital solutions. Assist in driving an innovative mindset throughout the organization.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Manage, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and industry trends to create a vision for the organization on where technology investments should be made and how emerging technologies can facilitate the achievement of corporate objectives.
- Interact with industry consultants and technology leaders to identify and evaluate technologies for potential application to business challenges.
- Evolve the culture of innovation within the broader organization.
- Partner across the organization to introduce digital technologies into the architectural roadmap of the organization.
- Oversee the development of the methodology for the evaluation of digital technologies.
- Develop and implement processes to transition technologies from an analysis/evaluation phase into operational solutions.
- Build and nurture productive, collaborative relationships with our internal business partners. Keep current with key business objectives and pain points in order to strategize and deliver value-added solutions.
- Prepare project plans and schedules for employees and external technology partners to use in solution design and delivery, ensuring compliance with project deadlines and reporting variances in the plan for action by the project team and departmental management.
- Participate in the regular operational planning, goal setting, and budgeting activity for the team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of leadership experience with people, projects and operational activities including 3 years evaluating, developing, and implementing digital products and services.
- Extensive knowledge of the components of the technology stack including the application and infrastructure layers.
- Experience or exposure to technology roadmap design and implementation.
- Experience with using multiple technology solution platforms and providers to deliver business value.
- Ability to lead discussions, make presentations and deliver technical results to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to think strategically with supporting analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, including those that support Agile SCRUM / iterative development framework.
- Experience or exposure to the Insurance industry preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization.
If interested in this role, please contact:
(586) 960-3870 Direct/Text