Direct Care Worker
Selinsgrove, PA 17870 US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring Direct care worker – to work in a facility located in Selinsgrove, PA 17870!
Hours: standard 8-hour day- ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE!
2nd shift – 2:00p-10:30p
1st shift – 600a-2:30pm
Pay Rate: $20.00 per hour
Direct care worker Job Details:
This is non-professional work providing health care services for individuals with intellectual disabilities to improve their daily living functions in a Department of Human Services (DHS) facility.
- Knowledge of non-professional health care services designed to improve the ability of individuals to perform daily living activities.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Successful completion of the DHS Aide Trainee Program.
Residential Services Aide Requirements:
- An employee in this job assists individuals residing in a DHS facility in their daily living activities, physical care, self-help activities, and other tasks related to their individualized treatment plans.
- Work includes providing information to professional level staff regarding individuals progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of their individualized treatment plans through the completion of documentation.
- Work may also include assisting individuals with other therapeutic activities under the direction of treatment professionals.
- Work is performed in accordance with established procedures and is reviewed by a higher-level supervisor through daily care records, observation of individuals receiving treatment, and conferences with the employee.
- Assists individuals with housekeeping functions in their living quarters.
- Instructs and supports individuals to resolve problems associated with group living through settlements of disagreements.
- Assists individuals in feeding, dressing, transport, and other daily living activities.
- Records individuals' on-going physical and medical needs and behavioral observations for inclusion in clinical records and treatment plans.
- Reports individuals' behavioral problems to the immediate supervisor and other professional staff.
- Instructs and guides individuals to participate in their therapeutic treatment activities.
- Performs related work as required.
- 6 months of experience as a Nurse Aid, Nurse Assistant, Home Health Aid, Direct Support, Caregiver, Private Duty Caregiver
- TB test (we will set one up if you do not have one)
- COVID vaccination required
- BLS or CPR card
- No Certification needed
- High School Diploma
For more information, please contact:
Alexis- Recruiting Assistant
(586) 422-1748 Direct
Keywords: Certified Nurse Assistant, home health aide, nurse aide, nursing assistant, home health, home care, long-term care, LTC, skilled nursing, assisted living, geriatrics, elderly, medical, healthcare, hospital, acute care, clinical, rehabilitation, rehab, mental health, behavioral health