Director, Data and Analytics
36500 Corporate Drive Farmington, MI 48331 US
Title: Director of Data and Analytics
Salary 160,000-180,000 per year
Note: This is a Direct Hire Role and is NOT open to C2C
The Director of Data and Analytics is responsible for developing and executing data strategies, overseeing data architecture, managing data warehouses, driving analytics initiatives, collaborating with various business units, and leading a team of engineers and analysts. This individual plays a crucial role in harnessing the power of data to drive business growth, innovation, and informed decision-making.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective data strategy aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders to understand their data and analytics needs; Collaborate on defining key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure business performance, and drive data-informed decision-making.
- Manage the identification of key data requirements and opportunities to enhance data collection, integration, and utilization.
- Effectively and on a recurring basis, communicate data insights and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data and analytics to drive continuous improvement.
Data Architecture and Engineering:
- Lead the design and maintenance of scalable and efficient data architectures that support data storage, processing, integration, and analytics needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure data architecture aligns with business requirements and supports data governance and security.
- Oversee the creation, management, maintenance, and optimization of the organization's data warehouses and data lakes.
- Ensure data integrity, security, availability, and performance by implementing appropriate monitoring, backup, and recovery mechanisms.
- Manage the implementation of data governance practices to ensure data quality, consistency, and compliance.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of database administrators and ensure best practices and procedures are documented and used when caring for the organization’s data.
- Lead the development and execution of analytics initiatives, including data modeling, predictive analytics, and data visualization.
- Drive the adoption of advanced analytics techniques, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, to extract insights and drive innovation.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define analytics requirements and deliver actionable insights and recommendations.
- Manage and mentor a team of data engineers, administrators and analysts, providing guidance, support, and career-development opportunities.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making, innovation, and collaboration within the team.
- Promote a high-performance environment by setting clear goals, providing regular feedback, and recognizing achievements.
- Any other duties as required.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, data science, computer science OR equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience focused in the data domain.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in data engineering and analytics.
- Excellent knowledge & skills in data architecture, data management, data analytics and data governance practices.
- Experience with data warehouse technologies and cloud-based data platforms like Azure SQL Database, Azure Data warehouse, Data Lake, Data Factory, etc.
- Good and practical understanding of technologies enabling Analytics like Python.
- Good and practical understanding of data visualization tools like PowerBI and advanced analytics techniques (machine learning, predictive modeling)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a proven track record of attracting, building, and leading high-performing teams.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them to technical solutions that can meet the needs in a timely manner.
- Extremely driven for results without compromising quality
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, and team-working skills
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically to solve problems and formulate recommendations.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, accuracy, positivity, and dependability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective persuasion and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical matters to non-technical individuals.
- Action oriented. Should be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes for stakeholders.
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!