Director, Federal Tax Strategy and M&A
- Responsible for providing tax advice to the M&A team and developing the federal tax strategy for the client.
- Provides input to M&A strategy through project management, tax structuring, contract negotiation and providing of tax advice for M&A transactions, reorgs, joint ventures, and special investments.
- Develops advice on federal tax strategy including specific transactions and issues.
- Implements action to manage existing tax positions and capture new opportunities based on current knowledge of existing and proposed laws, rulings, regulations an other tax developments.
- Directs, drives, owns and executes the tax strategy of the federal and M&A team through deep technical expertise.
- Directs and leads tax planning initiatives in M&A and Federal tax to stay compliant with current and new legislation surrounding federal tax practices.
- Provides tax input to the provision, compliance and controversy teams.
- Provides analysis and implementation of the most efficient tax accounting methods; modeling and analyzing of provisions of the TCJA (including their interaction) such as 163(j), BEAT, FDII, 162(m), penalties and other base broadening provisions; and modeling of tax impacts of transactions.
- Reviews overall M&A financial models. Provides tax advocacy and tax lobbying efforts.
- Researches and provides tax inputs to federal projects including R&D, tax repairs, immediate expensing and section 174 expenditures.
- Provides tax input on most tax efficient approach for internal transactions and restructurings; tax sections of GAR/DAR/Investment Requisition Papers; and tax review of purchase/sale agreements and other documents/activities/processes as needed Directs and develops framework for performing diligence and analyzing proposed transactions.
- Performs due diligence, risk assessment, and integration activities for merger and acquisition transactions.
- Reviews deal structure strategy for tax optimization.
- Manages the accounting method of the organization to maximize cash tax savings.
- Performs tax research, summarizes data, develops responses to state income tax audit requests, and coordinates with business units and external advisers in support of the federal tax audit team.