- Establish the strategic vision, objectives and policies and procedures for the pharmacy program in support of the corporate strategic vision.
- Plan, direct and implement pharmacy activities.
- Act as the pharmacy contract administrator for the development and implementation of key contracts and ensure that relevant performance standards are met by vendors.
- Manage relationships with key vendors such as pharmacy benefit management companies and pharmaceutical companies.
- Support provider education initiatives such as counter detailing and incentive programs.
- Manage and analyze operating costs and participate in preparing the annual budget for the assigned work function at both corporate and the health plans.
- Review and analyze reports, records and directives, and confer with staff to obtain data required for planning work function activities.
- Conduct statistical analysis of data related to assigned work function, and prepare reports and records on data and the assigned work function activities for management and corporate.
- Bachelor’ s degree or advanced degree (PharmD., M.S) in pharmacy. 3+ years of clinical pharmacy care experience.
- 3+ years of recent contracting, quality improvement and management experience in a healthcare environment, preferably managed care.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical care and pharmacy benefit management practices.
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
- Current state' s Pharmacist license.
- Ability to receive license in additional states as required.
- Valid driver' s license.
Key Words: Pharmacist, Director, Medicaid, Healthcare, Managed Care, Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacist License