Director Accounting & Compliance
Fort Wayne, IN 46801 US
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies & procedures. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to auditors.
- Ensures application and compliance with accounting policies and procedures, US GAAP, IFRS accounting and compliance rules and laws.
- Implements, applies, and standardizes SOX and internal controls, and monitors success to minimize risk.
- Directly manages and develops the global Climate accounting teams, by driving, leading, and directly participating in the close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting. Completes all accounting activities, tasks and procedures needed at the Global BU level. This includes: BU level JE’s and key accounting schedule schedules.
- Develops and implements continuous process improvements in the accounting and compliance processes of company.
- Manages general accounting function(s) and develops all local teams responsible for the preparation of reports and statistics, reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances, and other financial results for the business unit/group.
- Owns, manages and maintains standard application of accounting schedules, compliance of accounting policies and of SOX compliance.
- Routinely and proactively conducts detail balance sheet reviews (minimize surprises). Reports on root causes, remediation plans, and updated status’. Drives all finding and/or process improvement opportunities to timely closures.
- Routinely and proactively conducts detail SOX Benchmark Controls reviews (minimize surprises). Reports on root causes, remediation plans, and updated status’. Drives all finding and/or process improvement opportunities to timely closures.
- Develops processes and controls to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and Corporate accounting standards/policies.
- Proactively insures completion of all other compliance requirements, e.g. governmental surveys.
- Drives consistency and continuous improvements in processes, tools, formats, and templates to mitigate risk.
- Partners with strategic BU leaders and BU Finance Leadership, to develop, maintain, manage, and standardize each Business Units accounting & compliance practices.
- Leads and manages the implementation of changes and of: new accounting & compliance practices, policies & accounting rules, & compliance laws. Assumes the role of the SME for the global Industrial System Segment on all accounting & compliance practices.
- Maintain, develop and manage consistent SOP’s across the Industrial Systems Segment.
- Manage and drive completion of all internal and external audits (eliminate surprises). Reports on root causes, remediation plans, and updated status’. Drives all finding and/or process improvement opportunities to timely closures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team efforts of the global Segment by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years experience minimum in Industrial or Global Manufacturing Organization
- Accounting Certification Preferred (ex. CPA, ACA)
Travel: The Climate Solutions business is a Global Business and has locations across the globe. Some travel to the locations is expected. Estimated 10-15% per month.