Director Of Contract Operations
9757 Military Pkwy Dallas, TX 75227
Position: Director of Contract Operations is accountable for the operational and financial success for a fleet of 700+ contract drivers in addition to a team of Business Advisors. You will be measured against not only retention rates but divisional growth through a deep understanding of the owner-operator business model.
One of the most important skills you bring to our company is the ability to resolve escalated issues at first notice. Many of our ICs come to the Director of Contract Operations as a last resort to problem solving. You will be challenged as a leader to respond appropriately with solutions ranging from dispatch to settlements, and anything that relates to the well-being and productivity of the driver.
- Mentor and manage a team of business advisors. Lean on your team’ s strengths and know how to improve their weaknesses to round out a high performing, all-star group
- Increase fleet capacity through recruitment efforts
- Work hand-in-hand with Operations. Goals across all departments are the same – provide Independent Contractors with the right tools and resources to earn a living. Sometimes our fast-paced work environment creates friction It is up to you to help smooth things out
- Contract management
- Financial guidance - many new Independent Contractors live settlement-to-settlement. You will be instrumental in helping to break down weekly revenue and costs
- Foundational understanding of finance and employment laws
- Understanding of contractor business challenges and opportunities
- High degree of initiative and independent execution. You are capable of thriving as a team player but are also driven by autonomy
- Organized and effective under pressure
- Patient and sensitive to the learning needs of others
- Keen analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills
Key Words: Contract Operations, Trucking, Transportation, Fleet Management, Finance, Employment Laws