Director of Human Resources
6200 Bellefontaine Road Huber Heights, OH 45424 US
A-Line Staffing is recruiting for a full time permanent Director of Human Resources in Dayton, OH. They are offering a generous compensation and a full benefit package.
Director of Human Resources
Salary - $75K - $90K - Negotiable
Psychiatric – Behavioral Health
Hospital – Inpatient
Hours: 40 hours per week (8:30am – to 5:00pm)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Number of Supervisees: 0-1
Reports to: Hospital CEO/Facility Administrator
The human resource director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources function. This position may require longer hours and weekend work depending on the needs of the facility. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the facility’s policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
2. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures the facility’s compliance.
3. Maintains responsibility for facility compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
4. Communicates changes in facility personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
5. Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of facility wage and salary program.
6. Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
7. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
8. Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
9. Recommends, evaluates, and participates in staff development for the facility.
10. Develops and maintains a human resource system that meets facility personnel information needs.
11. Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
12. Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
13. Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with, all applicable federal and state laws as well as regulations and hospital policies that apply to assigned duties.
14. Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior and standards of conduct. Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of protected health information and patient privacy.
15. All other duties as assigned.
1. Human Resources Capacity.
2. Ethical Conduct.
3. Strategic Thinking.
5. Decision Making.
6. Financial Management.
7. Communications Proficiency.
8. Presentation Skills.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of five (5) or more years related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
For immediate consideration please reply directly to this posting. A-Line Staffing Roxanne Berendt cell# 586-256-1110.