Director of Transportation Services
White Plains, NY
- Director of Transportation Services to lead and grow our well-established transportation business and staff in our White Plains, NY office.
- The successful candidate will be a practice builder who will expand our business in terms of clients, markets, geography, revenue and staff.
- Current services include sight distance analyses, traffic impact assessments, accident analyses, speed studies, traffic signal design, roundabout analyses, parking needs assessments, multi-modal transportation planning, driveway analysis and layout, multi-purpose/pedestrian system analysis and design, local and collector road analysis, highway work permit applications, and preparation of Maintenance and Protection of Traffic (MPT) Plans.
- The successful candidate will also have established relationships in the lower Hudson Valley and NYC metropolitan area, including local officials, state agencies, private developers and institutional clients.
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Lead, develop and grow a transportation group providing efficient, profitable and timely delivery of high quality professional services.
- Recruit, train, coach, develop, manage, mentor and motivate staff.
- Develop and implement business plans to grow the business and execute the work.
- Identify target markets and services.
- Lead business development and client management efforts for the group.
- Lead and manage the group’ s proposal process.
- Schedule project work and resources.
- Manage significant projects personally, and manage and oversee project managers and technical staff.
- Ensure compliance with QA/QC process and perform QC personally as needed.
- Provide jurisdictional testimony in defense of studies performed.
- Responsible for the group’ s overall P&L and project financial performancw.
- Work with managers, project managers and technical staff throughout the company as necessary to support multi-disciplinary projects.
- Cross-sell the company’ s services.
- Participate in company strategic planning process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BS in Civil Engineering. MS in Transportation Engineering, other advanced degree and/or PTOE a plus.
- Current NYS PE license.
- 15+ years of transportation experience, primarily in a consulting environment .
- Strong technical knowledge of transportation services, experience with HCM and Synchro a plus.
- Experience with highway design and LDSA process a plus.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration, project management and business development skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary to other company offices, project sites, meetings and events.