Electrical Controls Engineer
Muscatine, IA 52761
- B.S. or foreign degree equivalent in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or Engineering Physics.
- 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in electrical engineering.
- Advanced PLC & HMI programming experience using Rockwell Automation hardware & software.
- 5 years experience in control system design and panel layout.
- In-depth knowledge of modern safety systems and safety circuit design.
- Experience with variable frequency drives (VFDs) and servo motion control.
- Engineering design, development, installation and support.
- Designs, develops, and installs new machine control and power systems for the global PCT manufacturing plants.
- Provides engineering support for existing PCT manufacturing in North America and South America.
- Proposes new programs to keep equipment and processes technologically advanced and leading the industry in product quality, productivity, energy efficiency, environmental responsibility and safety.
- Ensures standardization of control systems and components is maintained.
- Evaluates existing processes and equipment and recommends modifications and refinements resulting in cost savings, quality and safety improvements.
- Interfaces with, global PCT manufacturing plants, tread and mold design group and corporate marketing during new equipment development feasibility study.
- Makes informed recommendations for additions and modifications to new and existing equipment required for Manufacturing Project Management.
- Responsible for reaching agreement with customer on cost, schedule and functionality for each new project.
- Plans, organizes and controls projects on a daily basis.
- Responsible for meeting project goals on cost, schedule and functionality.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Coordinates the efforts of other engineers, technicians, plant personnel and contractors.
- Responsible for coaching/mentoring other engineers and technicians.
- Relates plan of operations and establishes priorities for projects.
- Provides liaison between the global PCT manufacturing plants and corporate.
- Visits the global PCT manufacturing plants, consult with personnel and make recommendations.
- Represents the company in contacts with outside suppliers of equipment, services and systems.
- Serves as technical resource to the global PCT manufacturing plant maintenance departments and provides onsite training and field support.
- Conveys information to plants on equipment or process improvements in all areas.
- Develop and maintain reference documents, technical work instructions and forms in the IMS system.
- Attends trade shows, technical seminars, and reads technical publications to keep abreast of the latest technology.