Epic / ETL Administrator
Livonia, MI 48150 US
Position: Epic / ETL Administrator
Note: Per the Manager, the candidate needs to have some experience with Epic
· Installs and maintains the Clarity Console used to transfer data nightly from the Epic operational database into the Clarity database and ensures the extract, transfer, and load (ETL) process is completed daily.
· Installs and maintains the Caboodle Console used to transfer data nightly from the Clarity database into the Caboodle database and ensures that the ETL process is completed daily.
· Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates our mission, vision and values in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions.
· Modifies the ETL process to meet organizational reporting needs. Ensures optimal performance and integrity of ETL process by maintaining Epic best practices.
· Schedules and monitors recurring Clarity extract process.
· Adds new tables and columns to extracts as needed. Verifies daily completion of the Clarity ETL process.
· Troubleshoots and resolve Clarity Console and ETL process errors. Installs, configures, maintains, and upgrades the Clarity Console server.
· Works with report writers to provide data needed for reports. Verifies daily completion of Caboodle and SlicerDicer ETL processes.
· Verifies daily completion of the SlicerDicer bitmap build. Troubleshoots and resolves ETL process errors. Installs, updates, maintains, and troubleshoots the Caboodle Console.
· Installs, update, maintains, and troubleshoots the SlicerDicer Web Server.
· Installs, configures, and maintains the SSAS cubes to ensure optimal performance and integrity.
· Coordinates and responsible for Caboodle's overall heath by working with the Clarity and Caboodle Database Administrators.
· Responsible for moving custom data model and ETL development to production by working with the ETL developer.
· Responsible for responding to emergency and after-hours issues. Monitors, identifies and reports applications errors.
· Documents system problems for reference.
· Creates and maintains system documentation.
· Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in computer information technology and a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience in a client server environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to learn Epic's software and Certification will be required after training is complete. Windows server administration experience or training.
· Ability to perform basic troubleshooting on Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Windows Server, and IIS. Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to work independently on a day-to-day basis. Strong customer service skills.
· Ability to interface with internal business analysts, hospital client users and external vendors. Excellent organization, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Some project management skills.
· Must possess a willingness to learn and develop skills.
· Must possess the ability to work in teams and with direct supervision. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!