100 1st Ave SE Clara Clara City, MN 56222 US
Relocation Assistance Available
The Extruder Operator is responsible for setting up and operate equipment in the extruder area in an efficient and productive manner.
- They are responsible for quality assurance of the product being processed.
- Adjust, calibrate and test equipment at the beginning of every shift to ensure proper pressure, speed, temperature and general operation.
- Examine visually, weigh and measure components created from equipment at the end of the week to ensure machines are producing according to company and industry regulations and standards, making adjustments as needed.
- Work with team members, shift supervisors and all necessary personnel to take care of complications as they arise.
- Communicate with fellow team members to learn of any equipment problems or malfunctions, and take care of them as they come up.
- Use regulated cleaning solutions, grease guns, oil cans, air hoses and cleaning cloths to properly maintain and clean equipment on a bimonthly basis.
- Make repairs to equipment when necessary, and replace all defective, broken or worn-out components.
- Previous extrusion experience, exposure in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanically inclined and comfortable with hand tools, and is happy with rolling up their sleeves and doing what it takes to be a team player.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Able to read measurements
- Well-organized and history of showing initiative
- Knowledge of current OSHA safety rules and regulations