Field EAP Consultant
Alexandria, VA 22314
EAP Counselor - Alexandria, VA
Looking for a Licensed professional to work as an EAP Counselor with for a Federal Contract. Mus be able to pass a Public Trust level of Clearance (security clearance)
Schedule Hours: Monday - Friday Start 8: 30 AM to 5: 00 PM (1/2 hour lunch)
EAP Counselor Job Description Summary:
- Provides direct support to organizations and their employees through the delivery of assessment, consultation, education and triage services.
- Uses knowledge of federal regulations to assist organizations in their appropriate handling of employee concerns and problems.
- Consults with employees and organizations on variety of workplace and work-based issues. Provides clinical expertise in order to restore employees with diminished performance to healthy functioning.
- Provides employee consultation related to specific personal problems and concerns. Provides crisis assessment and intervention as needed.
- Completes clinical and administrative documentation and required forms in a clear and concise manner. Manages caseload and other tasks to meet both qualitative and quantitative performance expectations.
- Provides behavioral health assessments, accurate clinical diagnoses, and referral to appropriate level of care. Provides expert consultation to employees and/or supervisors on a variety of workplace and work-based issues. Provides information and referral to community resources as appropriate. Provides clinical consultation/staffing in absence of EAP Manager.
- Participates in activities as requested that help improve SBU and/or client performance, excellence and culture.
- Supports team members and participate in team activities to help build a high-performance team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in areas such as job duties and schedule to aid in better serving its members and help Magellan achieve its business and operational goals.
- Assists in efforts to continuously improve by assuming responsibility for identifying and bringing to the attention of responsible entities operations problems and/or inefficiencies.
EAP Counselor Requirements/Certifications:
- Masters in Behavioral Health
- License: LCPC, LPC, LCSW or LMFT REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5+ years of clinical experience after receiving the graduate degree.
- Clinical training must include instruction on chemical dependency, mental health and brief therapy.
- Must have understanding of workplace issues, how businesses function and a fundamental understanding of employee/employer relationships.
- Must be capable of acquiring an understanding of EEO rules, ADA in the workplace, FMLA, and Drug Free Workplace Requirements.
- Must be able to provide accurate client assessment including level of risk, substance abuse and dependency, job performance issues and refer to appropriate level of care.
- Competent in crisis intervention.
Pay Rate Range: $33.00-$36.00/hr