Floating PET/CT Technologist
Albany, NY 12208 US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring Floating PET/CT Technologists in Albany, NY. The CT Technologist would be working for a Fortune 500 company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week.
PET Technologist Compensation
- The pay for this position is $50 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
PET Technologist Highlights
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is 8-10 hour shifts varying throughout the week. 7:00 AM-3:30 PM or 8:30 AM-5:00 PM or 6:30 AM-5:00 PM or 7:00 AM-5:30 PM
PET Technologist Responsibilities
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic PET/CT procedures to include: injection of radio- pharmaceutical and/or IV contrast, the administration of oral contrast, protocol setup, patient positioning, reconstruction and filming of images, network image transfers, and archiving of image data.
- Assists in procedure scheduling and related front office functions to ensure smooth workflow.
- Ensures accuracy of patient demographic information, report distribution and patient files.
- Assists with the collection of clinical data for patient follow-up and development of teaching and educational information.
- Provides protection for patient and self in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Conducts daily quality control measures to monitor scanner performance.
- Reports all malfunctions and/or need for service to the proper company or facility.
- Responsible for patient data and films including: printing, archiving, retrieval, network data transfers, tracking and logging of loaned films and requested outside films.
- Understands the contraindications associated with the administration of IV contrast, be able to recognize possible reactions and know the procedure to follow in the case of a reaction.
- Ordering of necessary office, medical, printing and archiving media.
PET Technologist Requirements
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology OR Radiologic Technology + PET/CT Certification
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in nuclear medicine and/or previous PET experience
- General knowledge of patient scheduling and billing systems
- CNMT and/or ARRT, CT, or NMTCB certification and state licensure
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
If you think this PET/CT Technologist position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting!