Front Desk Agent (Customer Service)
Columbus, OH US
A-Line Staffing is now hiring a Front Desk Agent / Customer Service Rep. in Columbus, OH! The Position would be working for a great company and has career growth potential.
This would be full-time / 40+ hours per week. - Must be available to work an 8-hour shift between normal business hours typically 8 am - 5 pm EST. May be confined to desk answering the telephone for 6.5 – 7 hours per day; may work second or third shift & weekends in units with 24 hour/7 day per week operations.
Pay Rate: $15.00 - 16.00 Per hour
Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment and include health, optical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
- This position is a contract assignment with the potential to hire permanently based on attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is an 8-hour shift between normal business hours typically 8 am - 5 pm EST.
- May be confined to desk answering the telephone for 6.5 – 7 hours per day; may work second or third shift & weekends in units with 24 hour/7 day per week operations.
- Will sit at the front desk to greet visitors of the executive floor when in the office. Responsible for answering phone calls, mostly related to the Golden Buckeye program.
- Act in place of deputy registrar for issuance/transfer/renewal of standard or special license plates, validation stickers, placards, driver & vehicle registration &/or any other items normally issued by deputy registrars or process requests for items related to driver & vehicle registration that cannot be purchased elsewhere for Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Processes transactions that require a decision to be made in accordance with applicable laws, rules, policies & procedures & involves billing for or collection/release of money for transactions handled or other encumbrance activity, excluding billing for or collection of money for photocopying (e.g., Medicaid waiver claims associated with billing; maintenance of CAS vendor file, communicating with agencies & vendors to resolve discrepancies/errors & correcting rejecting documents: processing of unclaimed motor vehicle affidavits & surrendering of titles)
- Responds to inquiries, requests for information &/or complaints that require in-depth knowledge of applicable laws, rules, policies & procedures as they pertain to a given situation & independently determine appropriate action for resolution (e.g., assists lottery agents with consignment & validation of lottery tickets, processing prize payments & claims processing that involves issuing authorization to bank representative for a customer using bank cashing method for payment, advises customers regarding claims process & provides assistance when prizewinner ticket will not validate; resolves or refers complaints &/or inquiries filed with State Medical Board
- Operates personal computer &/or computer terminal to enter, update, correct, delete or send data, retrieve/lookup data to verify/give out information or give the status of file/case, or schedule & re-schedule rooms, appointments, hearings, meetings, medical examinations or inspections, register customers, log & track calls, &/or other information (e.g., movement of file; status of appeal; the outcome of the appeal; all materials received relative to appeal) &/or compose &/or generate reports & correspondence.
• Handles any or all inquiries, requests & complaints &/or processing of transactions normally performed by lower-level customer service assistants during their absence, peak periods, or as needed.
• Performs any combination of following or like clerical support tasks: opens, timestamps, sorts & distributes mail; meters mail; greets &/or directs visitors; registers persons for training; prepares &/or maintains reports concerning work processed/calls handled; codes, catalogs & files/distributes documents; operates photocopier to obtain copies for dissemination &/or for files; collects money/bills customers for photocopies of information; counts & records cash collected for photocopies & forwards for further processing; receives checks in mail, logs checks received, batches checks, fills out appropriate slip attachment & forwards for further processing; operates cash register/cash counter; operates facsimile equipment to send & receive faxes; checks reception area, meeting or hearing rooms to ensure presentable appearance, displays are stocked &/or proper seating & equipment arrangements have been made as requested; stuffs envelopes for mailing; pages/telephones staff; takes inventory of supplies; stocks photocopier, printer &/or facsimile machine with paper &/or toner & clears paper jams; coordinates or arranges for food service &/or equipment for meetings/conferences.
• Assists in providing training to new customer service assistants &/or cross-training to customer service assistants from other work units (e.g., lets employee listen in calls & shadow performance of other tasks to learn how to handle them & apply appropriate laws, rules, legal interpretations, policies &/or procedures applicable to each situation).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
- 9 mos. or 9 mos. exp. in office practices & procedures; 9 mos. or 9 mos. exp. in public relations or customer service that included techniques for handling difficult people; 9 mos. or 9 mos. exp. in typing, keyboarding, data entry, or word processing; 9 mos. or 9 mos. exp. in the operation of the personal computer. -Or the equivalent of Minimum Qualifications for Employment noted above.
If you think this Front Desk Agent / Customer Service Rep. position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, e-mail, or apply to this posting! – Kyle Gregory