HR Personnel Administrator
1700 Atlantic Blvd Auburn Hills, MI 48326 US
Title: Payroll Administrator
Location: Canton, MI
Our client is looking for an efficient HR Personnel Administrator who will be responsible for all aspects of managing salary data, ensuring timesheets are accurate and payments are made on time. The ideal candidate will provide administrative support by maintaining the attendance tracking program, processing payroll updates, file maintenance and managing communications for the HR Department.
This is a Non-Exempt position. Employees in this position are paid an hourly pay rate, on a bi-weekly basis, and are eligible to receive overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 in a work week.
The HR Personnel Administrator will:
- Evaluate the accuracy of timesheets submitted by each company department every week and contact supervisors or individual employees when there is a discrepancy
- Manage electronic timekeeping systems
- Enter information into the payroll system about employee taxes, exemptions, transfers, firings and resignations as details change
- Respond to any errors in payroll by reviewing past records and making any wage corrections or adjustments when necessary
- Track employee absences through the payroll software and record details about personal days, sick leave, jury duty and extended leaves of absence
- Track employee vacation accruals; approve/deny time off request; post vacation calendars.
- Answer employee questions about payroll, leave amounts, tax forms and other compensation issues when asked
- Participate in new employee orientation.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by supervision
Qualified candidates will possess:
- College coursework in advanced math, business or related field preferred; high diploma or GED required
- Experience working in a payroll department
- Understanding of employment and payroll taxes
- Strong skills in mathematics
- Experience in a union environment desired
- Exceptional attention to detail
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free e-mail me, or apply to this posting!