Hospital Administrator RN
Anderson, IN 46012 US
Education: RN – BSN, MSN- Master’s Degree preferred.
Oversees: 20 bed Inpatient Adult & Senior Psychiatric facility
5 yrs exp Healthcare
Reports to: Corporate CEO & President
Salary: Negotiable - Commensurate with Education/Experience
Summary of Objectives: This person will be a full-time, goal-oriented, customer service-driven, and motivated Hospital Administrator. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, state reportable notifications, implementing and managing the hospital administration processes for all departments. Under the direction of the Corporate President and CEO, the Hospital Administrator is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the facility, managing and developing staff, ensuring high quality care, sound fiscal operations, and maintaining a strong referral base, and compliance with Joint Commission and CMS regulations, while continually monitoring the facility's services and delivery systems.
- Responsible for interpreting, supporting, and executing hospital and department policies, and procedures.
- Administrator or designee is responsible for state reportable notifications.
- Creates a supportive team-oriented environment in which employees demonstrate the desire to work together for the common good of the organization and patients.
- Complies with local, state, and federal guidelines to provide excellent care to patients and increase/maintain the facility census.
- Responsible for the community image and works to promote favorable public relationships.
- Reviews and implements community objectives, policies, and procedures established and approved by the leadership team.
- Successful at recruiting and retaining employees.
- Health survey management expertise.
- Works collaboratively with the healthcare team to mitigate risk to patients, families, visitors, employees, physicians and the system.
- Provides leadership in performance analysis, trending, and the utilization of benchmarking data to facilitate decision making for improvement.
- Facilitates education and training of quality and safety improvement processes and tools.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports, documents, statistical surveys, and other such data.
- Demonstrates a mastery of the standards of the Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Indiana Department of Mental Health.
- Works with interdisciplinary teams to facilitate accreditation and regulatory compliance.
- During times of critical staffing, the Administrator may be asked to assist with direct patient care.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Leads planning process to develop goals for the provision of quality care, employee retention, and financial performance.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a cohesive team.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Understanding of process improvement principles.
- Knowledge of psychiatric and/or behavioral health management practices, operations, as well as fiscal management and marketing strategy.
- Ability to perform as a quality and risk manager representative in a corporate environment, as well as in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to recognize the need to be flexible in work schedules.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to apply sound principles of decision-making and problem-solving processes.
- Computer experience is essential, must be especially fluent in Excel and other Office products.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Strong verbal and written terminology.
- Ability to manage relationships with diverse colleagues in a large organization.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and using confidential information appropriately.
- Perform to company standards.
- Knowledge of applicable policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Social Work, Business Administration, Finance; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in healthcare.